Friday, June 8, 2012

Tears of Joy

     Last night was the first time that I can remember crying tears of joy.  I had surgery on my lower back yesterday to relieve some pressure on the nerve that was causing pain and numbness in my left leg.  I woke up about 3:30 am last night because my pain medication had worn off.
     I lied in bed for a little while before I got up to re-up my medicine.  I was drinking some OJ in the kitchen noticing that there wasn't much pain in my hip and leg where there had been just 24 hours earlier.  I picked my left knee up and there was no pain.  No pain.  NO PAIN!!!
     There was a rush of emotions, and then the tears came.  All of the pain I was silently enduring for over six months was gone.  I felt normal again.  I know it is only one day, but I have hope that someday I will be able to feel normal again.

No comments:

Post a Comment