Saturday, June 2, 2012

Writing

     Today I started some free writing.  When I get bored I like to play around on StumbleUpon.  One of my likes is writing, and often I stumble onto pages where people are talking about writing.
     I have had the desire to write some type of story for some time.  I have been so busy with school the last couple of months that I have not had any time to do anything intellectually that wasn't school work.
     My May class ended a couple of days ago, and know I have a month free from school to have some fun with my mind.  I have been thinking about ideas to write about, and I got my first inspiration from NPR.  There was an interview with a movie director, and his movie gave me an idea of something I could write down on paper with relative ease.
     To this point I have written about 1,300 words in my story.  I am not really sure where I want to end it at because I keep finding ways to continue the story along. 
     I forgot to mention that I am having surgery on my back next week.  Next Thursday I will go under the knife and have a bulging disc in my back repaired.  I figured my recovery time could be utilized writing some type of story.  Hopefully by the end of June I can have something to publish on the Kindle library, because in July I start another summer class. 
     I hope that I enjoy writing as much as I think I will.  I feel like I am a creative and talented sort, and I have been putting off showing my talents off with the rest of the world.  It has come to a point where I need to put up or shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment