Sunday, June 3, 2012

Writing: Day Two

     Today was the second day of my writing adventure.  I have added 700 words since the last post.  So far it has been loosely based on some parts of my life.  There are, however, some things that are very different from my life. 
     I have yet to show it to Paige yet.  I am not sure how she is going to take it or if she will even like it.  We work very well together in creative ways.  We act as an editor for one another often times, and it is helpful to have the ability to bounce ideas off of an equally talented person (hopefully that will score some brownie points).
     Recently Paige has been doing some PR work for a new restaurant, Skys, that has just opened up in downtown Gadsden.  By the way we had lunch there today and it was pretty damn good.  You could taste the quality in the ingredients that the chef used.  Paige told me that people come eat at the restaurant just because he is the chef there.
     Any who, she was rewriting the mission statement, and I was giving her suggestions of what to change each sentence to when I realized that I could totally do public relations.  I am a good writer, and I know what people want to be told.  I understand advertising language and tactics used to entice people. 
     So all of that means someone needs to give me a job in public relations.  I am pretty good...and cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment